...converting a shopaholic into an entrepreneur...

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Picture This


These days things are very exciting for Duet. The most exciting (and fun) adventure yet, was the photo shoot we had Saturday! I met our amazing photographer at Festivity one afternoon. After browsing Sean and Amanda Photography's portfolio, I knew I picked the right folks! Then I chose Emily Gregory and Shelbie Cowart to be my fabulously, fresh faced, beautiful models. They did this out of the kindness of their heart, snacks, and maybe the fact that they are now the face of my brand. :)! Saturday started out really rainy, but before we knew it mega watt smiles and bright lights were shining everywhere! My sister, close friend Stephanie Gilkers, and I styled the girls in very 'vintage/romantic/simple' outfits that allowed my jewelry to POP. Shelbie and Emily wear everything so beautifully from head to toe, and have wonderful chemistry together! We had several outfit changes (game day, bridal, dressy) and a founders picture featuring my sister and I and her beautiful bump! Amanda, the photographer had some amazing tunes and an amazingly calm spirit. She handled our chaos and extreme A.D.D. with great patience. Sean, Amanda's husband, had the grand task of shoot all of my current inventory for Duet's new website. It was so tedious and he did a great job. Here are some pictures to get a feel for the day...



A little crowded but we managed to fit everything we needed.


My apartment transformed into a studio.


Founders! My baby mama sister and I.


The first shots...


Shelbie and Emily and their amazing chemistry.


Shelbie modeling Evelyn. Yes, the necklace is named.


My dream shot.




My wonderful incredible photographer, Amanda and I! :)


We truly got some beautiful shots of my jewelry and the girls, but I mostly feel like we created a 'feeling' for Duet. That is something that's priceless to me. I am forever grateful for everyone for their hard work on Saturday. I would not have been able to accomplish that with some plan ole' 'iPhone photography'! Keep an eye out for all of the pictures on Facebook and my new website coming soon!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So exciting. I'm so happy for you and proud of you. This is HUGE :)

    Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool and so impressed with all you have accomplished!!! can't wait to see the website :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooow you really had a great day girls!!!!!

    You have a new follower dear..
    Kisses from amintasfashion

    ReplyDelete