...converting a shopaholic into an entrepreneur...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Du·et -noun- an action or activity performed by a pair of closely connected individuals


I am sorry it has been so long, time management is my nemesis. I know everyone is just jumping at the bit to hear all about what I am up to. Overnight, I have become insanely busy. I have decided to give everyone a little background to the busy-ness/craziness that now consumes my life.
My sister and I come from a crafty home. Our mother loves fabric, ribbon, paint, and all things DIY. So over the years we have painted every room of every house we have ever lived in (all 8 homes), made pillows, costumes, and all sorts of crafty chaos along the way. Along with our love for anything that comes from Hobby Lobby, a strong fashion/shopping/style/clothing/trend addiction runs deep in Rozelle blood. Everywhere we go, Holly and I find ourselves saying "We can make that" or "If I changed this top to this..." While we both believe in great style, and can work a sewing machine well, we are by no means great or perfected designers. Saying that we only dreamed of owning a store to sell others designs, never our own. Last fall we decided to take a shot at making some of our own things for fun. We both had been seeing huge rings everywhere. Holly and I collected all the supplies and made two rings to wear out for her 27th birthday. That night was the debute of Duet. We were immediately obsessed with making the rings. For almost a year we continued to work on rings during our free time, never selling any just giving them away. I also started to make necklaces, hair pins, bracelets, scarves, and tops. Recently, I decided to post everything I had been working on- on Facebook. I have gotten so much great feedback from friends, family, and even strangers. I made a Facebook page and an Etsy so I could sell things. (Duet was becoming a money pit). Before this I was working with my dad to open a Duet retail boutique. We are still working hard on creating a great business plan and working with a lender from the SBA to try and open a location in Athens, GA. This is my ultimate dream!! So, lets combine all of this madness and ADD my full time job at Festivity. I LITERALLY do not have enough hours in the day!!
oh and ps: I'm on the lookout for friends in Atl.

2 comments:

  1. I'm greatful to have the privilege to be your friend! I love you Hannie!! You are a wonderful and beautiful person inside and out!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you can find a GREAT friend in St. Louis....

    ReplyDelete